Haiti records 12 death from COVID-19
Updated: May 9
The Ministry of Public Health (MSPP) confirmed that a 20-year-old man had become the seventh person in Haiti to die of the coronavirus and urged the population to follow the measures, including the stay at home policy, to reduce the spread of the deadly virus.
In a brief statement, the MSPP said that the man, who was from the commune of Delmas, known as the “extension”l of Port-au-Prince, had died last Wednesday.
It said he had been receiving treatment for the virus and had “heart problems as well as being overweight for his age which complicated his case”.
Haiti has so far recorded 149 positive cases of the virus for which there is no cure or vaccine.
The MSPP said that four of those who have died as a result of the virus were between the ages of one to 44 years.
“The MSPP urges the population to be more careful because this new coronavirus is a reality, it is together that we will succeed in dealing with it,” it added.